Victorian Seven Drawer Cedar Chest. Circa 1890. Restored and French polished, this timeless example features;
- Traditional high gloss shellac finish.
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- Seven hand dovetailed drawers, including a central top hat drawer.
- Lovely woodgrain features and natural patina.
- Original and complete handles (with wooden screw).
- All original brass til locks an escutcheon (keyholes).
- Turned cedar legs.
- New drawer runners.
- Lovely distressed features.
- Structurally excellent
Beautifully restored and polished. New aluminium drawer runners installed. All original cedar drawers are structurally excellent, spotlessly clean and open and close nice and smoothly (like new). One repair carried out on the back section of the middle lower drawer. (cedar from the same era used). All drawers close perfectly flush against the face of the chest. New internal drawer stops. Original backboard in flawless condition. Overall very functional and well suited to everyday use.
Dimensions (mm) 1155W x 465D x 1197H.