Victorian Serpentine Front Eight Drawer Cedar Chest. Circa 1870. Restored and French Polished, this very functional piece features;
- Traditional shellac finish Solid
- Australian Cedar construction.
- Eight hand dovetailed drawers, including a concealed top drawer.
- Decorative central top-hat drawer. New cedar drawer runners installed to two of the larger drawers.
- Lovely distressed features and patina.
- Ornate, full length carved Cedar side corbels.
- All original brass locks and keyholes Turned cedar handles with original wooden screws.
Restored and retaining much of its original character and charm. All eight drawers are structurally sound and open and close smoothly. Some repairs and regluing carried out on the large drawers. Very solid construction with ample storage space. Originally this chest would have been raised on turned legs, but it fuctions fine as an everyday chest without them. Turned legs can installed for an addtional $160. Dimensions (mm) 1205W x 600D x 1305H