Victorian Cedar Chest of Seven Drawers. Circa 1900. Restored and French polished, this quality Australian made piece features;
- High gloss shellac finish.
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- Seven very smooth and quiet functioning hand-dovetailed cedar drawers.
- Lovely woodgrain features.
- Original brass til locks and escutcheon.
- New turned cedar legs.
- Original cedar handles complete with cedar screws.
- New cedar drawer runners and internal framing/drawer guides.
- Structurally excellent and suitable for everyday use.
Overall this piece is in lovely antique condition with very minimal cosmetic wear and tear. In particular, The sides and top of this chest are in superb condition, free from stains, chips, cracks, splits and dents. All drawers function very nicely (like new) and have been fitted with new cedar runners. Three of the drawers are lockable with key included. The remaining drawers are fitted with false locks. All seven drawers sit flush against the front of the chest. Nice and clean inside drawers. Completely rebuilt internally. The original backboard is in perfect order also (last image).
Dimensions (mm) 1140W x 445D x 1150H