Stunning Victorian Cedar Chest of Seven Drawers. Circa 1890. Completely restored and finished with a high gloss French polish, this pristine chest of drawers boasts;
- Solid Red Cedar construction.
- Traditional shellac finish
- Seven as new functioning hand-dovetailed drawers
- Original Cedar handles complete with wooden screws.
- Original brass drawer til locks and keyhole inserts (no key included).
- New hardwood drawer runners and internal guides
- Rich Cedar tone.
- Original turned legs.
- New drawer stops.
Another beautifully restored piece in exceptional condition. Cosmetically and structurally immaculate with barely any signs of wear and tear to the Cedar surfaces. The solid top, sides and drawer fronts are free from cracks, splits, dents and stains. All drawers are structurally excellent, spotlessly clean inside (no stains), sit straight and flush and open and close seamlessly. Original tongue and groove backboards in perfect order also (last image). Note: The dark patch to the bottom area of the larger drawer second from the bottom is the naturally occuring woodgrain within the cedar (it is not a stain or imperfection), Checkout our Facebook page to see more images of this piece. Dimensions (mm). 1155W x 1218H x 460D.