Serpentine Front Victorian Cedar Seven Drawer Duchess Dresser. Circa 1890. Restored and French polished this striking Australian made piece features;
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- Seven smooth functioning hand-dovetailed drawers including two small jewellery drawers
- Adjustable and removable mirror
- All original brass keyholes and locks.
- Decoratively carved side corbels.
- Lovely patina.
- Traditional shellac French polish.
- Solid and sturdy construction.
- Original turned cedar drawer pulls complete with original cedar screws.
- Turned legs.
Overall this chest is in nice original condition. The original drawers have been re-glued and re-nailed where required and are structurally sound. The original runners are in good condition also and function nicely. The cedar drawer fronts, side planks and top are in great shape with very few imperfections. Old advertising material to left corner of backboards, possibly from when the original tongue and groove boards were replaced in the 1930s.
Dimensions (mm). 935W x 960H (top of main cabinet) or 1610 (overall – top of mirror) x 510D (Deepest point in centre of chest).