Restored Colonial Red Cedar Seven Drawer Tallboy. Circa 1880.Completely stripped back and French polished, this pristine example features;
- Traditional high gloss shellac finish.
- Seven as new functioning hand-dovetailed drawers
- Turned cedar handles all complete with wooden screws.
- Original brass drawer locks and key holes inserts.
- New hardwood drawer runners.
- Lockable with key included.
- Spotlessly clean, paper lined drawers
- Turned legs.
Another exceptional set of drawers from the later 1800s. Overall there are are very few imperfections to the cedar surfaces, accept a small repair to the back left corner of the top panel (a burn mark from a candle). The top and side planks are free from splits and cracks. The solid cedar drawers and structurally perfect, open and close like new and sit perfectly flush against the face of the chest. The insides of the drawers (underneath the green paper liners) are spotlessly clean with no stains or marks (like new) and the fronts are free from dents. New runners installed to two of the larger drawers. The runners on the remaining drawers are in faultless original condition (barely used). The original backboards are in perfect order also.
Dimensions (mm). 1150W x 1260H x 520D.