Restored Seven Drawer Victorian Cedar Chest with Mother of Pearl. Circa 1870. This lovely piece from the late 19th century features;
- Solid cedar construction
- Two top hat drawers
- Recessed brass drawer pulls to central top drawers.
- High gloss French polish (Shellac) finish.
- New internal aluminium drawer runners (Second last image).
- Smooth function drawers
- All original cedar drawer pulls with mother of pearl inlay and wooden screws
- All original brass til locks and brass escutcheon plates (keyholes) in excellent condition.
- Original dovetail drawers structurally very good.
Overall a very functional and structurally sound piece, suitable for everyday use. All seven drawers sit in the drawer cavities straight and gluide smoothly. Dimensions (mm) 1155W x 1250H x 490D.