Rare Colonial Red Pine and Cedar Chest with Irregular Grain. Circa 1860. Restored, French polished and finished with beeswax, this rare gem features;
- Nice patina and distressed features.
- Unusual raised compact woodgrain figuring.
- Three smooth functioning hand-dovetailed cedar drawers.
- Oversized brass keyholes with original til locks.
- Solid Australian Red Pine and Cedar construction.
- Turned cedar legs.
- Original cedar handles with cedar screws.
- New drawer runners.
- Highly functional and suitable for everyday use.
Freshly restored and finished with beeswax. Gorgeous woodgrain featured (You can actually feel the individual grains). The original drawers have been re-glued, nailed and fitted with new drawer runners (where required). Internal hardwood guides replaced and realigned. All drawers open and close nice and smoothly and sit flush against the face of the chest. Original brass locks intact and functional (no key). Backboard in very good order also.
Dimensions (mm) 980W x 465D x 985H