Mid Century Tasmanian Oak Three Drawer Desk. Custom made by Melbourne based furniture maker, F. W. Griffiths on the 27th of May 1959 for the State Bank of Victoria, this immaculate hardwood piece features:
- Solid and sturdy commercial grade construction (Solid Tassie Oak).
- Three spotlessly clean, smooth functioning drawers.
- Handy slide out top shelf.
- Completely restored and finished with three coats of oiled based satin.
- Maker’s mark with manufacturing date.
- Angular Oak handles.
- Original metal leg protectors.
Salvaged from the bank closure and then locked in storage for most of its life, this outstanding desk is without question the finest example we have seen to date. Structurally and cosmetically flawless (like new). The solid drawers and slide out panel are in perfect order and appear to have never been used since 1959. Similarly, the solid top and all sides of the desk are in immaculate condition, free from stains, dents, chips and scratches.
Dimensions (mm) 1065W x 760D x 760H.