Mid Century Gainsborough Nine Drawer Teak Sideboard. Circa 1970. Made in Australia by Gainsborough Furniture Pty. Ltd, this exemplary example features;
- Nine full dovetail, solid teak drawers.
- Original antique brass drawer pulls.
- Decorative lattice panelling to top drawers.
- Cigar shaped legs.
- Contemporary mid-century modern design.
- Very solid and sturdy construction (>60kg).
- Lovely woodgrain features.
- Original maker’s mark (stamped 1971)
Overall this sideboard is superb vintage condition (like new). The top and side panels are free from dents, chips and scratches. All nine drawers open and close like new and are spotlessly clean inside and out (solid teak drawer carcass with teak ply base). Original drawer runners in perfect working order. All drawer nine fronts are free from chips, scratches, stains and dents. Gainsborough maker’s mark and The Victorian Guild of Furniture Maker’s inside top centre drawer. Dimensions 1625W x 700H x 450D.