Mid Century Chatley Sideboard with Sliding Panel Doors. Circa 1960. Restored and sealed, this contemporary Australian made cabinet features;
- Durable woodgrain laminate finish.
- Three smooth gliding, full dovetailed solid timber drawers (pine carcasses).
- Solid Tasmanian Oak frame, legs and drawer runners.
- Timber inset steel drawer pulls.
- Mirrored back centre cabinet with removable glass shelf and sliding glass doors.
- Two side cupboards with sliding panel doors.
- Atomic legs with brass caps.
- Maker’s mark to top left drawer (last image).
- Very sturdy construction (no wobbles when in use).
Another stylish and very functional locally made piece. Made in Preston by iconic Australian furniture maker, Chatley. The original laminated surfaces are in excellent original condition, free from dents, scratches and stains. All drawers and doors function perfectly. All four legs can be unscrewed for easy transportation. Slightly larger size with ample storage capacity. The original backboard is in perfect order also (last image). This is a heavy (>70kg) sideboard that will require at least two strong people to take it away.
Dimensions (mm) 1798W x 830H x 460D
Visit out Facebook page to see more images of this sideboard.