Mid Century Solid Blackwood Armchair by Avalon Furniture. Circa 1960 - 70. Renewed to its original condition with new dacron wrapped high density foam installed, this highly collectable piece features;
- Removable/washable burnt orange with yellow fleck upholstery.
- 100% Australian wool.
- New dacron wrapped ST35-200 premium high density foam base cushion and MA26-160 backrest.
- Solid Australian Blackwood construction.
- Spring base.
- Iconic geometric side panels
- Contemporary design.
- Oil based satin finish.
- Maker’s mark.
- Very solid and sturdy construction.
Made by Avalon Furniture of Melbourne. The original wool upholstery has been steam cleaned and is hole, tear and stain free. The Australian Blackwood frame is structurally flawless (solid as a rock) with very little cosmetic wear and tear. Nice and firm ST35 base cushions and MA26 back cushions. Very well made. Functions and feels like a new armchair. Overall dimensions (mm) 650W x 800D. Dimensions of base cushion 600W x 600D x 100H. Matching Avalon armchair and three seater sofa also available in store (last image).