Late Victorian Red Cedar Seven Drawer Chest. Circa 1900. Completely stripped back and traditionally finished with multiple layers of shellac, this stunning piece features;
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- Traditional high gloss French polish.
- Seven as new functioning hand-dovetailed drawers
- Large turned cedar handles.
- Original brass drawer locks and escutcheon inserts.
- All new hardwood drawer runners.
- Spotlessly clean, inside drawers
- Original turned legs.
Another thoroughly restored piece from the Victorian era. Cosmetically and structurally excellent. All drawers are structurally perfect with no pre-existing repairs, sit straight and flush and open and close like new (smooth and quiet). The cedar surfaces inside the drawers are nice and clean and have been lined with paper. New Tasmanian Oak drawer runners installed to drawers. The nternal drawer guides have been straightened and replaced where necessary and the original backboards are in very good order also.
Checkout our Facebook page to see more images of this piece.
Dimensions (mm). 1200W x 1265H x 530D.