Large Restored Victorian Cedar Eight Drawer Chest. Circa 1860. Completely restored with all new hardwood drawer runners, this fine example features;
- Traditional high gloss shellac finish.
- New solid oak drawer runners.
- Eight smooth and quiet functioning hand-dovetailed cedar drawers.
- Concealed top drawer.
- Mother of Pearl centred cedar handles.
- Original brass drawer locks and keyhole covers.
- Solid and sturdy construction.
- Cotton reel columns.
- Gorgeous woodgrain features.
Overall this piece is in lovely conditional for its age. It has been thoroughly restored and fitted with all new drawer runners. Surprisingly there is minimal cosmetic wear and tear to the cedar surfaces. The original drawers are structurally flawless (no pre-existing repairs), spotlessly clean inside, sit flush and function as they should. The original backboard is in great shape also. This is a large and very solid chest that will require at least two strong people to take it away (even with the drawers taken out). Note: The til locks in the centre drawers are non-functional – key supplied to pull open the drawers. Checkout our Facebook and Google pages to see more images, including inside the drawers.
Dimensions (mm). 1180W x 1520H x 605D.