Large Australian Cedar Seven Drawer Chest. Circa 1890. Finished with a traditional French polish, this beautifully restored example from the Victorian era features;
- Traditional shellac finish.
- Light tone, solid Australian Cedar construction.
- Seven exceptionally smooth and quiet functioning hand-dovetailed cedar drawers.
- Gorgeous woodgrain figuring.
- All original brass drawer locks and keyholes (key included).
- Elegant turned cedar legs.
- Original cedar drawer pulls with cedar screws.
- New drawer guides and runners.
- Highly functional and suitable for everyday use.
Freshly restored and ready to use straight away. The original cedar drawers are in excellent condition, very clean inside and solidly constructed (The drawer carcasses/frames are made with slightly thicker panels of cedar). All drawers open and close as good as new (very smooth) and sit perfectly flush against the face of the chest. New aluminium drawer guides and runners installed where required. The bottom drawer has a removable, custom-made shelf to the left side for smaller items. All locks intact and functional. Original tongue and groove back-boarding in very good order (last image). Slightly larger size with a nice level of storage space.
Dimensions (mm) 1110W x 487D x 1265H