Early Edwardian Australian Red Cedar Five Drawer Chest. Circa 1900. Restored and French polished, this stunning chest features;
- High gloss shellac finish.
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- All new internal aluminium drawer runners and drawer runners.
- Five very smooth functioning hand-dovetailed drawers.
- Original cedar drawer pulls complete with cedar screws.
- New brass til locks and escutcheon.
- Very clean inside drawers.
- Nice woodgrain features.
- Original tongue and groove backboard in perfect condition.
- Suitable for everyday use.
- Lockable with key included.
Cosmetically and structurally excellent. Very minimal wear and tear and stains to the cedar surfaces. Low maintenance aluminium drawer runners installed to the drawer cavities. New cedar drawer stops. All drawers have been strengthen, fitted with new runners (where required) and function like new (nice moothly.) The bottom two drawers have new masonite bases complete with central timbers (for added strength). Cedar top in great condition. No pre-existing cracks or splits to side panels. Both side panels have a 2mm gap to allow for natural ventilation/aeration of the drawers.
Dimensions (mm) 1015W x 425D x 1035H.