Early Edwardian Australian Red Cedar Five Drawer Chest. Circa 1900. Restored and French polished, this stunning chest features;
- High gloss shellac finish.
- Solid Australian Cedar construction.
- All new internal aluminium drawer runners.
- Five very smooth functioning hand-dovetailed drawers.
- Original cedar drawer pulls complete with cedar screws.
- All original brass til locks and escutcheon.
- Nice woodgrain features.
- Original tongue and groove backboard in perfect condition.
- Suitable for everyday use.
Cosmetically and structurally excellent. Very minimal wear and tear to cedar surfaces. Low maintenance aluminium drawer runners installed to drawer cavities. New cedar drawer stops. All drawers have been strengthen and function nice and smoothly. The bottom two drawers have new Masonite bases (last image). Cedar top in great condition. No pre-existing cracks or splits to side panels. Both side panels have a deliberate, 2mm gap to allow for natural ventilation/aeration of the drawers.
Dimensions (mm) 1015W x 425D x 1035H.