Colonial Australian Cedar Chest of Five Drawers. Circa 1890. Restored and French polished, this stunning set of drawers from the late Victorian era features;
- Traditional shellac French polish.
- All original cedar handles, complete with wooden screws.
- New oak drawer guide overlays installed.
- Brass keyhole inserts and drawers.
- Spotlessly clean inside all drawers (no stains)
- Five hand dovetailed cedar drawers.
- Turned cedar legs.
- Lovely woodgrain figuring.
Overall a very well kept example with a few distressed features. The original drawers are structurally perfect with no pre-existing repairs, sit straight and flush in the drawer cavities and open and close faultlessly. New hardwood overlays installed to most of the drawers (where required). Original backboards all intact and in great order also.
Dimensions (mm) 1030W x 500D x 1060H