Australian Made Mid Century Solid Blackwood Armchair. Circa 1960 - 70. Restored and fitted with new dacron wrapped high density foam, this classic armchair features;
- Removable burnt orange with yellow fleck 100% pure Australian wool cushion covers.
- New dacron wrapped ST35-200 premium high density foam base cushion and MA26-160 backrest.
- Solid Australian Blackwood construction.
- Spring base.
- Avalon’s signature, geometric side panels
- Contemporary mid-century design.
- Durable satin oil based finish.
- Maker’s mark.
- Very solid and sturdy construction.
- Original metal bases to each leg.
Made in Melbourne by Avalon Furniture. The original wool upholstery is in lovely vintage condition, free from holes, tears and stains. The solid Blackwood frame is structurally perfect (like new) with very minimal cosmetic wear and tear. Very comfortable with a great level of lumber support. Quality made, designed to last a lifetime of use. Functions and feels like a new chair. Overall dimensions (mm) 650W x 800D. Dimensions of base cushion 600W x 600D x 100H. Matching Avalon armchair and three seater sofa also available in store (last image).