Antique Industrial Red Pine Chest. Circa 1900. Beautifully restored and retaining all of its character and charm, this highly functional piece features;
- Traditional French polish (shellac) finish.
- Three smooth gliding full dovetailed top drawers
- Cast brass drawer handles.
- Unique, tightly packed woodgrain.
- Compartmentalised cupboard storage below (one cupboard lockable – no key included)
- Lots of aged features.
- Turned handles with wooden screws.
- Spring loaded ball catch closures to all doors.
- Original brass til lock and keyhole to one door.
Originally used to store equipment in a school laboratory .The three drawers are in excellent structural condition and open and correctly. Similarly, the cupboard doors function properly and sit flush against the face of the cabinet. Original tongue and groove backboard complete and intact (one new replacement pine board added to the top section). Solidly built piece that will require at least two strong people to take it away. Well suited for use as a sideboard or kitchen storage cabinet. Two Matching cabinets available in store (see seperate listing).
Dimensions (mm) 1550W x 650D x 850H.