Large Solid Mahogany Victorian Five Drawer Chest. Circa 1890. Beautifully restored and French polished, this exceptional example boasts;
- Traditional high gloss shellac finish.
- Australian Mahogany construction.
- Five very smooth functioning hand-dovetailed solid mahogany drawers.
- Gorgeous woodgrain figuring.
- All original brass drawer locks and keyholes.
- Wide profile turned legs.
- Original oversized mahogany handles.
- New hardwood runners fitted to all five drawers.
- New aluminium drawer guides to all drawer cavities.
- Solid and sturdy construction.
Another magnificent example from the late Victorian era. The mahogany surfaces are in very nice original condition with very few dents and imperfections. Both solid plank side panels are free from splits/cracks. All five solid mahogany drawers have been re-nailed and glued, are structurally very solid, function like new and sit straight and flush within the drawer cavities. The original mahogany handles are in complete and free from cracks and chips and the tongue and groove backboards are in fantastic shape also (last image). Slightly larger than usual size with a nice level of storage. Visit our Facebook page to see a video of these drawers in action.
Dimensions (mm) 1155H x 515D x 1150W