Inlaid Georgian Mahogany Seven Drawer Chest. Circa 1830. Restored, freshly French polished and fitted with new drawer runners, this rare piece features;
- Solid Mahogany and Mahogany veneer construction.
- Traditional shellac finish. Seven smooth functioning hand-dovetailed Mahogany drawers
- Original Mahogany handles.
- Original brass drawer til locks and oversized keyholes (key included).
- New hardwood drawer runners.
- New drawer stops.
- Large, decoratively inlaid central top hat drawer
Another very uncommon piece from the Georgian era. All drawers are structurally excellent, nice and clean inside (no stains), sit straight and flush and open and close seamlessly. All cock-beading (trim around edge of drawers) is complete and in lovely condition (some of the fine Mahogany side trimmings have recently been replaced). There is a key included for the central top hat drawer only (The remaining locks may require further encouragement to make fully functional). Wide and deep profile with plenty of storage capacity. Inlay to central top hat drawer and also along the rail directly below bottom drawer. Backboards in great condition. As expected with a piece of this age there have been a few small cosmetic repairs to the veneer on the main body of the chest. Checkout our Facebook page to see more images of this piece. Dimensions (mm). 1182W x 1075H x 545D