Early Victorian Mahogany Chest of Five Drawers with Geometric Top Drawers. Circa 1860. Restored and French polished, this uniquely designed piece features;
- Traditional shellac finish.
- Solid Mahogany construction.
- Five very solid and smooth functioning hand-dovetailed mahogany drawers.
- Gorgeous woodgrain features and patina.
- All original brass til locks and keyhole covers.
- Turned mahogany legs.
- Original handles.
- New mahogany drawer runner fitted to all drawers
- New internal aluminium drawer guides.
A very solid and functional piece that is well suited to everyday use. The top has been stripped back and is free from cracks and stains. The solid Mahogany drawers have been re-nailed and glued (where required), are very easy to open and close and solidly built with 1 cm thick bases. All drawers close flush against the face of the chest and are nice and clean inside. Very unusual geometric designed top drops with nice and thick Mahogany fronts.
Dimensions (mm) 1160H x 480D x 1135W